Modern Decorating Ideas for Living Rooms. The best modern decorating ideas for a living room preserve a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere while adding sophisticated lines and a sharp style. You don't want to make the style so modern and artistic that the room becomes a museum instead of a living space.
Find Living Room Design Ideas on 2movehome.com
Inspirational pictures of teen room designs, teen room ideas, teen girl bedrooms
How To Use Bookshelves In A Small Space
Find out why you should use an Estate Agency To Sell your Home on 2movehome.
Cost of moving home . There's more to moving home than just the price of the property you are buying and how much your mortgage payments are.
Selling your property is a big move , Find importants Tips on what it involves and what to do.
A guide to letting property explaining the services of a letting agent and advice on how to employ a good agent
Moving house? Read Your Moves essential tips for moving house and make sure your move is as hassle free as possible.
Online hints & tips for selling your home & how to prepare your property for a viewing.
Preparing your home for sale. Our best tips for adding value to your property
Decorating with Color Designer Tips for decorating with color
Making the right choices when decorating a small living room can maximize the space.Decorating idea for small living room and small living room makeover.
Find Living Room Design Ideas & Living Room Designs on 2movehome.com
Ideas for interior decorating living rooms,create your personal style.
Find out how you can make Bookshelfs as focal point in your home.
Modern Decorating Ideas for Living Rooms. The best modern decorating ideas for a living room preserve a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere
Water hammer is a common problem among homeowners. Learn tips on how to stop water hammer in this informative article.
Tips on how To Buy A House ,cost included in property buying
How to Decorate an L-Shaped Corner Fireplace. When a fireplace wraps around a wall corner, it features an L-shaped design.
Feel as if creating a colour scheme for your living room is turning into a nightmare of choices? Our guide will make your decisions easy.
Tips On how To Plan & Design Your Living Room
How to Unplug a Toilet Without a Plunger. As frustrating as it is to discover that your toilet is clogged, it's even worse when you don't have a plunger handy.
dining, dining room, dining table, table, decor, interior design, white dining room, light dining room, monochrome,dining room designs
What Are Some Themes for Teen Bedrooms?. Redecorating a teen's bedroom can be a struggle, particularly if you and your teenager can't seem to agree on a style for the space.
Careful furniture placement makes an L-shaped room less awkward.The L-shaped room rose to popularity with the advent of ranch homes in the 1950s. Its odd shape poses a decorating challenge. Although the "L" lends itself perfectly to practical, dual-use space, such as a family room and office or living room and dining room, a look that flows visually and functionally is difficult to achieve. Consider such elements of design as furniture placement, color, lighting and decorative accessories when planning the layout and decor of your L-shape room.
* 1. Choose a focal point for each section of the "L." A fireplace, large window or built-in bookcase works well.
* 2. Place each room section's largest piece of furniture directly across from its focal point.
* 3. Arrange the next largest furniture pieces. If the largest is a sofa, place the love seat and other seating directly across from it or to its sides at 90-degree angles. If the largest is a dining table or desk, make sure its scale is proportionate to the size of the room.
* 4. Fill bare space with smaller furniture. Break up a too-long expanse of wall with a buffet or sofa table.
* 5. Extend furniture in a larger room by placing pieces farther away from each other and by arranging it on area rugs.
* 6. Walk through both sides of the "L," using all entrances to the room, to make sure the room's traffic pattern -- its flow -- is unimpeded. Rearrange furniture, if necessary, to open pathways for clear passage.
* 7. Add accessories to tie together the room's disparate elements. Use items of varying heights to add interest.
* 8. Light the room with general, task and mood lighting. Attempt to achieve a three-point lighting design in which each area of the room has a wash of Overhead lighting and task and mood lighting coming from two directions. The intent is to provide ample light while minimizing shadows and glare.
* Some designers recommend angling furniture in L-shaped rooms. If your room has an angled focal point, place the largest piece of furniture parallel to it. Otherwise, place the major pieces at 45-degree angles to the nearest walls -- in other words, straight across the corners.
* Visually separate the two sections of an L-shaped room with a decorative bi- or tri-fold screen. Place the partially folded screen near the inside corner of the "L" for a half-wall effect or stretch the sections out more to install a "wall" that closes off one side of the "L" from the other. In this case, place the screen in the center of one "L" section or the other, leaving walkways around each end.